Start Date ASAP
As Telecoms Engineer you will be performing 1st Line Maintenance, rigging and climbing activities for a variety of our customers. You will also be providing installation and commissioning of small works projects.
The ideal candidate will have experience in:
- Good working knowledge of Telecoms systems; UHF, Microwave, PDH Multiplexer’s and Telemetry Radio.
- Technical knowledge of several telecoms products and technologies.
- Microsoft & IT skills to include; MS Excel, MS Outlook, basic DOS commands and VT software.
- Fault resolution.
- Producing of site reports.
- 1st Line Support and troubleshooting of customer equipment to include but not limited to; transmission equipment, mobile networks equipment, Datacom’s equipment, switching equipment, PSTN/ADSL and building management systems.
- Street cabinet works.
- Configuration and test of wireless access points.
- Preparation and termination of RF feeder cables.
- Completion of site surveys to enable installation.
- Performing industry standard testing as required on telecoms and antenna systems e.g. BERT (E1 & Ethernet), RF sweeps, PIM.
- Tower rescue
- RF awareness
- Rooftop safety
- HND in electronics (on equivalent)
- Full driving licence
- The successful candidate will be required to complete NPPV3 and DBS checks
- Ability to work away from home
- Be part of a 24 x 7 duty rota system
- Work to an agreed shift pattern
What impresses us?
- Rigging experience is advantageous
- Eagerness to learn new skills and develop existing knowledge
- Flexible approach to working hours and location
- Ability to respond and act promptly on all tasks delivered
The main place of work for this position will be throughout Scotland with the Scottish office based in Glasgow.