Site Engineering Manager
Job Type Perm
Start Date ASAP
We are a total solutions provider to the telecommunication industry. Whether it is making a mobile phone call, downloading music at home, using ecommerce platforms in the office, communicating on social networks or making a restaurant reservation, it is likely the type of technology that Magdalene is working on every day is involved. Magdalene has 200 employees over 3 offices in Cambridge, Belfast and Glasgow.
The Site Engineering Manager is responsible for the day to day site management of Telefonica switching sites across the UK. This person will be the site owner the site owner for all works taking place, ensuring works are done to the correct standard following relevant processes and policies.
Specific responsibilities include;
- Inducting external contractors and third parties requiring access to the TEF site.
- Review and approve contractor risk assessments and method statements in advance of any works taking place on site.
- Attend/oversee site survey and pre-installation site meetings.
- Oversee works taking place on site ensuring compliance with relevant security, quality, environmental and health and safety policies.
- Provide quality sign off via completion of works certificate for works, ensuring they comply with the relevant TEF Quality standards.
- Liaising with TEF NMC on open facility alarms.
- Maintenance routines, site upkeep and security
- Audit, upkeep and maintenance of site records including:
- AC/DC boards
- Optical Distribution Frames
- Cabling routes and capacity
- Receiving deliveries onto site
- Providing emergency fault fix support
- Managing on site stores and tools
- Providing out of hours and short notice support across as required
- Working safely at all times, complying with company health and safety requirements and promoting a positive H & S culture amongst colleagues whilst carrying out on site duties.
- To maintain professional development to meet the changing demands of the job, participate in appropriate training activities.
- To undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this job.
- Carry out all work in accordance with the company quality procedures.
- Work safely at all times in accordance with the company’s Health and Safety Arrangements.