Job Type Permanent
Location Coatbridge, Scotland
Start Date ASAP
We are a total solutions provider to the telecommunication industry. Whether it is making a mobile phone call, downloading music at home, using ecommerce platforms in the office, communicating on social networks or making a restaurant reservation, it is likely the type of technology that Magdalene is working on every day is involved. Magdalene has 200 employees over 3 offices in Cambridge, Belfast and Glasgow.
The Rigging Supervisor is responsible for the organization of all rigging teams in order that they operate in the most safe and efficient manner. The role includes site auditing and assisting with onsite works to ensure best industry practices are used by all teams;
- Supervision of all riggers, PAYE and contractors
- Producing and monitoring climbing RAMS.
- Responsible for ensuring HOP’s are completed and submitted within the expected timeframe
- Provide leadership, mentoring and guidance to the workforce personnel
- Communicate with client representatives to inform them on the progress of the project and resolve any issues
- Ensure all riggers adhere to Magdalene health and safety processes
- Auditing all rigging activities.
- When required, perform installation and commissioning work with the teams
- Assist with interviewing and identifying new rigging staff
- Other rigging related duties as required by the local General Manager
- To maintain professional development to meet the changing demands of the job, participate in appropriate training activities.
- To undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this job.
- Carry out all work in accordance with the company quality procedures.
- Work safely at all times in accordance with the company’s Health and Safety Arrangements.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Self-motivated with a genuine desire to learn.
- Enthusiastic and positive demeanour.
- Effective and confident communication style.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to work accurately.
- Able to cope with pressure and remain calm.
Experience and Qualifications:
- At least 5 years’ experience in telecoms rigging
- Previous supervisory experience would be beneficial
- Able to climb and work safely at heights.
- Advanced climber qualifications including rooftop access and tower rescue.
- Climbing equipment inspection qualification.
- Antenna/feeder testing experience.
- Microwave installation/Commissioning experience.
- Completion of handover packs
- All climbing personnel must meet basic medical and fitness requirements.
- Experience of working within the mobile telecommunications industry.
- Good communication skills, working as part of a team and autonomously.
- Willing and able to work and stay away from home (up to 4 nights/week). Overtime weekend working will be required from time to time.
- Proven track record in meeting assigned deadlines.
- Conversant in the use of computers would be beneficial GPS alignment tools (software Microsoft Excel and Word).
- Full driving license is essential.