Programme Office Manager
Job Type Permanent
Location St Ives
Start Date ASAP
Programme Office Manager
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level in an engineering subject or similar, have well developed leadership and management skills, experience of running a programme office in the telecom industry, excellent verbal and written communication skills; a grasp of project finances and governance; an in-depth knowledge of project delivery methodologies; and strong commercial experience.
The ideal candidate will have experience in:
- Proven Programme Office Management experience.
- Extensive experience working within the telecoms industry
- Experience of fixed network roll-out is beneficial.
- Well-developed leadership and management skills, and strong customer facing skills.
- Financial management skills and experience of running a P&L
Role & Responsibility:
- Support the Projects Director with all matters to do with programme governance and project delivery methodologies.
- Administer and monitor the training and use of project planning tools across the programme office.
- Maintain all of the best practice materials concerning project methodologies and programme governance.
- Prepare and deliver regular programme reports to the Projects Director and other members of the Magdalene executive team.
- Establish and manage relationships with all project management staff; conduct regular reviews with the project managers; and manage escalations.
- Establish strong working relationships with internal departments to ensure adoption and adherence to the programme governance and project delivery methodologies.
- Implementing a standard approach to field audit of deployments across projects including line management of Installation Quality Manager(s) and matrix management of Quality Assurance Engineers to ensure they deliver the required services to Projects.
- Supporting Project Teams with implementation of best practice and providing SME support on approach.
- Development of a framework of interaction with sales to include bid support, project initiation, and review.
- Degree level qualification in an engineering subject or similar.
- Recognised project management training (PRINCE2; MSP or similar).
What impresses us?
- Vibrant personalities who adapt well to a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organisational skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Conscientious, flexible, and ability to forecast future demand
- Ability to respond and act promptly on all tasks delivered
- Calm manner and pragmatic objective approach to achieving goals
The main place of work for this position will be our St Ives office however the successful candidate will be expected to have their own mode of transport.