Job Type Contract
Location St Ives, Cambridgeshire
Start Date ASAP
The NOC Engineer is responsible for participating fully in the fault management of calls into the NOC as well as ensuring the full services are delivered to our customers in line with SLA’s.
The ideal candidate will have experience in:
- Providing regular updates to external customers on the progress of faults
- Prioritising faults to meet SLA’s including resource management of external contractors
- Meeting customer SLA’s within contracted timescales
- Support planning, coordination and implementation for fault repairs
- Ensuring all planned preventative maintenance inspections are completed
- Acting as a prime for managed networks
- Monitoring and processing alarms from managed network solutions
- Controlling and directing the field engineers and spares deliveries
- Providing ad hoc reports as required to senior team members
- Providing support to the shift managers in the acceptance and roll out of new contracts to the NOC
- First level customer facing NOC engineering diagnostic and triage experience (preferably in a fibre transmission role)
- Optical network experience including DWDM, CWDM, SDH, Gigabit Ethernet and Fibre Channel
- Mobile network experience including 2G, 3G and 4G
- Experience with Network Management Systems and remote equipment diagnostics
- Experience with one or more of the following: Ciena, Packet Light, ADVA, RAD, Huawei
- Experience in using relationship management tools such as Mari-Project, SDE and Salesforce
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools
What impresses us?
- Excellent organisational skills
- The ability to prioritise workload
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Vibrant personalities who work well in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible approach
The main place of work for this position will be our St Ives office.
Magdalene is a total solutions provider to the telecommunication industry. Whether it is making a mobile phone call, downloading music at home, using e-commerce platforms in the office, communicating on social networks or making a restaurant reservation, it is likely the type of technology that Magdalene is working on every day is involved. Magdalene has 200 employees over 3 offices in Cambridge, Belfast and Glasgow.