I & C Engineer – Head End
Job Type Contract
Location UK Wide
Start Date ASAP
Magdalene currently have an exciting opportunity for a Lead I & C Engineer to join our existing team, working on the Huawei Head End Work Stream. Ideally, you will have already been signed off by Huawei as a Head End commissioner. You must have experience of carrying out all aspects of I & C work in a coms environment. This should include, but is not limited to:
- Fibre handling and fault finding
- Commissioning, including software upgrade and configuration
- Rack/Sub rack Installation.
- Completion of site documentation
- Site handover to the customer
- DC competent to connect to End of Suite Power supplies
The Main Purpose of the Job:
- Leading the installation and testing of telecoms equipment, including minor DC power work, in equipment rooms, BT Exchanges or out on site in accordance with the design documentation provided within the scope of the skills and training received.
- Assisting other engineer where and when appropriate, ensuring compliance and adherence with policies and procedures.
- To take full responsibility for the complete installation and test where required, including ensuring all documentation is completed within the project SLA’s, including any changes or amendments to the site documents.
- Reporting progress and issues affecting the work.
- Responsibility for ensuring all equipment issued is kept in good working order maintaining calibration and test date.
- A willingness to Travel is Essential.
Experience in the following areas would be beneficial:
- Huawei Head End Equipment Huawei MA5600 / MA5800
- Huawei DSLAM Equipment 5603 cabinets / 5616 cabinets / All in One cabinets
- Working on the BT Network
- Asbestos Awareness
- Emergency First Aid
- Manual Handling
- IOSH Working Safely
- Working on the BT network mandatory training / UIN No.
- NPPV3 clearance
- SC Clearance
- Laser Safety
- DC competency
If you are interested in this role, please send over your CV, stating your earliest availability.