First Line Maintenance Engineer
Job Type Permanent
Location South of England
Start Date ASAP
The successful candidate will be required to work on project deployments for customers across the UK. Part of this role will include working on a weekly shift rota, including 24/7 on call.
The ideal candidate will have experience in:
- Fault finding and resolution.
- Optical technologies, including installation, commissioning, testing and integration.
- Mobile technologies covering 2G, 3G, 4G and LTE.
- Telecoms deployment in a sub-station environment.
- Completion of site risk assessments, site visit reports and technical documentation.
- Providing 1st line support.
- Troubleshooting of customer equipment, including transmission, mobile networks, datacomms, switching, PSTN/ADSL.
- Testing and troubleshooting of CAT5 structured cabling and fibre optic cabling.
- Assisting with the pre-configuration and installation of telecoms equipment in accordance with design documentation.
- H&S guidelines and requirements when working in a range of environments including but not limited to switch rooms, rooftops, street works and sub stations.
- Fibre optic experience is essential for the role.
- A sound technical knowledge of multiple technologies and products.
- Good working knowledge of current telecoms systems.
- High competency level in the use of power tools, hand tools and ladders.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft products, basic DOS commands and VT software.
- NPPV3 (beneficial).
What impresses us?
- Excellent communication skills via email, telephone and face to face.
- A positive approach to work.
- A conscientious and flexible attitude.
- A technically minded individual who is keen to progress.
- Enthusiastic personalities who can adapt to a fast-paced environment.
This role is a home-based position, but as a Field Engineer you would be expected to travel around the UK.
Magdalene is a total solutions provider to the telecommunication industry. Whether it is making a mobile phone call, downloading music at home, using ecommerce platforms in the office, communicating on social networks or making a restaurant reservation, it is likely the type of technology that Magdalene is working on every day is involved. Magdalene has 200 employees over 3 offices in Cambridge, Belfast and Glasgow.